J-J Hooks are used to create temporary or permanent physical security barrier by defining a ‘Setback Distance’, to fortify high risk sites, and to direct traffic flow. They serve as a deterrent to terrorists and can prevent vehicular intrusion. When a more aesthetically pleasing barrier is desired than the traditional gray concrete form, numerous finish and color options are available. Consult your local J-J Hooks producer for more details.
Many J-J Hooks producers offer security barrier rental services, making concrete security barrier usage even easier, faster, and more cost effective than before. They are also excellent for crowd control.
Precast concrete barriers are often used to protect potential terrorist targets, such as:
- Government buildings and installations
- Gate entrances and parking areas
- Mess halls, barracks, and munitions areas
- Utility plants and manufacturing facilities
- Office and commercial buildings
- City streets and piers
Concrete security barriers are the preferred choice for security applications for a number of reasons:
- Concrete is virtually maintenance free when compared to other materials.
- Steel reinforced concrete barriers have a minimum of 4,000 psi strength at time of shipment.
- The average density of concrete barriers is about 3,500 to 3,700 pounds per cubic yard, which allows for unanchored portable barriers.
- Concrete barriers can be quickly repositioned to meet changing needs.
- Due to availability, maintenance, effectiveness, and speed of installation, concrete barriers are extremely cost effective.
In The News
J-J Hooks concrete barriers have been used on numerous high-profile, high-risk events: